“I had a truly wonderful time writing and enjoying this beautiful city. All the tutors and coordinators did an excellent job planning and keeping things running smoothly.”
– Jen Curtis, ESU, San Francisco
“I enjoyed not only the diversity of the students, but it was also interesting to gain perspectives from such a wide age range. Being back on the ‘other’ side of the desk as a student has been fun and a valuable reminder of certain practices I use as an educator. Thank you!”
– Shalynn Jennings, ESU, Chicago
If you are an educator and wish to apply for an ESU TLab Scholarship to attend one or more of our Text and Context, Creative Writing and Theatre & Performance courses, please follow the instructions below.
You can register for all SUISS courses and book accommodation in Edinburgh by downloading the relevant application form. Please note that ESU applicants are exempt from making the £100 deposit. Before you apply, please be sure to confirm with your ESU Branch whether they are willing to support standard or en-suite accommodation as there is a substantial difference in price. Most scholarships will only cover standard accommodation. However, should you be accepted, you are welcome to upgrade at your own expense.
Lindsey Wrin (Text and Context) reflects on her experience studying with an ESU TLab scholarship in 2016.
Michael Mezzo (Creative Writing) reflects on his experience studying with an ESU TLab scholarship in 2016.
Download an application form using the links below. Completed application forms, along with supporting materials, should be posted (not emailed) directly to Taylor Peterson, ESU Education Assistant, at the address below. Please note that the application deadline is Friday, March 9th 2018. If you require an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text & Context / Theatre & Performance application requirements
- Completed application form
- Two reference letters, either from an academic institution or an employer familiar with your work, and who can certify your fluency in English
- a passport-style photo
- Supporting documents: If you are applying for a scholarship, please include a letter demonstrating why you are an excellent candidate for a scholarship
Creative Writing application requirements
- Completed application form
- One reference letter, either from an academic institution or an employer familiar with your work, and who can certify your fluency in English
- A passport-style photo
- Supporting documents: Written sample of work: EITHER a single work of prose or drama (max. 3,000 words) or a selection of poetry (max. 50 lines)
- If you are applying for a scholarship, please include a letter demonstrating why you are an excellent candidate for a scholarship
Contact info for the ESU is:
ESU – English in Action
144 East 39th Street
New York, NY 10016, USA
tel: 212-818-1200 ext. 212